Monday, March 18, 2013

March 17th and 18th


Sunday, March 17th

9 AM: 1 slice ww bread, mozzarella cheese stick
11 AM: 1/2 c. carrots, 2 tbps hummus
1 PM: ww bread and natural pb sandwich, light cherry yogurt
2 PM: 1/4 c. almonds and punkinseeds
6:30 PM: 2 LARGE bowls of special k with %2 nilk

The eating went pretty well, except for when my craving for sweets and crunchy carb goodness got the better of me a bit and I ate all that cereal.

8 waters, 1 glass shy of the goal.

As it was Sunday, no excercise.

My energy was pretty low, probably about a 5.  I was sleepy on account of I lived it up my last of freedom and I only got 5 hours of sleep.  Felt slightly nauseous.  Sometimes I don't feel very physically well when I am eating healthy, which strikes me as odd.  I always wonder if I'm not eating the right nutrients or the right amount, or if my body is just having a temporary hissy fit about the excess of fat and sugar being removed from my diet.  I guess I'll just have to stick with it long enough to figure it out, huh?

All in all, I'd say it was a
 pretty successful day.

Monday, March 18th

7 AM: 1 c.cooked quick oats, 2 tbsp natural pb, 1 apple
10:14 AM: 1 c. baby carrots, 1 mozarella cheese stick, 1/2 c. almonds and punkinseeds
2 PM: 1 banana
4 PM: 1 ww pita
8 PM: 11/2 c. hot stuffed vegetable quinoa, ww pita
12 waters

I went to bed just leaving just 10 minutes shy of the 8 hours required.  Hey, I had to finish The Walking Dead.  Though I went to bed early, I unfortunately slept perfectly awfully.  I don't sleep great, as a rule, and I sleep especially terribly when I know it's really important for me to sleep well.  What is up with that?!  At any rate, last night was a mess of tossing, turning and sweating.  I woke up with a headache and nausea but felt better shortly after eating breakfast (which was darn tasty, btw!) Although I was sleepy today, my energy was up a bit, maybe a 7.  Now I don't want you to see that I don't feel well or sleep well and have low energy and chalk it up to this new lifestyle, It's been pretty bad the past few years!  I would say that my average energy is about 5-7.  I am working really hard to change that, and I feel that it's only natural to have an adjustment period.  I fully expect to see great results and to feel awesome!  Just waiting for the proverbial dust to settle.

As far as exercise goes:  I am training for a half marathon (13.1 looong miles, count 'em!) held in Ogden, UT on May 18th.  I have been  training for about 4-5 weeks, running 4x/week.  When I started, I could only run 2 miles, and I have worked my way up to 5!  I am really proud of the progress that I have made, but 5 is still really hard for me, and I am struggling to up my mileage.  Sometimes 3 miles still feels difficult, and longer runs (like the 6 I was supposed to run on Saturday and ended up walking) evade. I am getting nervous/stressed/discouraged.  I have really been doubting my abilities.  This Saturday I am supposed to run 8 miles, and it seems impossible! One thing that I have thought would be helpful is having someone to run alongside me.  There's just something about knowing you are not alone that makes it easier to carry on.
Well, today I ran 3 miles, and it was one of those days when 3 was hard.  BUT- I totally did it!  And what's more, I met a cool girl named Alex who loves to run and who is going to run my long runs with me on Saturdays!  What a wonderful blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment