Sunday, February 3, 2013

Dare to be Different

I have been thinking a lot about reactions lately.  In one of my classes, we are studying the Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, and we have been focusing on Habit One, which is:  be proactive.  This principle basically refers to our ability to choose how we respond to or in any situation.  I have really been trying to focus on how I can choose my mood regardless of what happens around me.  I think that that is so important with regards to how relationships work in a family.  This week in our family relations class we talked about different cultures and how we view them, we also talked about why some cultures seem to have the same repetitive patterns over and over again.  Making a connection between this observation and Habit One, it has occurred to me that there are many things in our "culture," that we maybe need to step out and become the first person to change.  Instead of just accepting the way that things have always been, we can choose to think and reflect about what we really want and respond accordingly in a proactive manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment